The new Lifan mini MPV is testing in China expected to hit the China car market in 2015 for about 50.000 yuan. The mini MPV segment is red hot with sales moving up fast and Lifan wants in. The most popular mini MPV is the Wuling Hongguang, and the new Lifan seems an almost perfect copy.
Many more Chinese car buyers living in the cities fall for the practicality of a mini MPV, choosing one over the standard sedan. The MPV’s seat seven plus a dog, don’t use much fuel, and are small enough to park anywhere.
The fact that they are not very fast bothers very few, since speed doesn’t matter much in the endless traffic jams. Recently we have seen a lot of new entries into the market: Dongfeng Xiaokang Fengguang, Beijing Auto Weiwang M20, and the Changan Ounuo.
The Lifan mini MPV will be powered by 1.3 and 1.5 liter engines with about 70 to 90 horsepower. Not fast, not glamour, but it will carry up to seven in relative comfort from A to B. And people will think you are driving a Wuling!
- 03/2014 - Lifan Motors Make a Big Success in Russia Market
- 02/2014 - Lifan New Flagship is Mildly Germanic in Design
- 02/2014 - Lifan X50 SUV Ready for Entering into China Car Market
- 01/2014 - Lifan 820 is Plan to Get in China Car Market
- 06/2013 - The Lifan 630: More Luxurious and More Upmarket